Raphaël Bouyer was born in Montauban in 1991. As soon as 16 years old, he studies painting by Jeremy Annett's side in Toulouse, then drawing at Catherine Escudié's studio. He obtains his high school diploma (distinction Plastic arts), then undertakes higher education in Art. Disappointed by what he judges to be a ghettoisation of painting in teaching circles in contemporary Art, he chooses at the end of 2012 to follow his own way. He lives and works in Toulouse(France).
"...Not distant from a "New objectivity" or "Narrative figuration" reappropriated, the political aspect less, the work of Raphaël rings in a singular way as the construction of a derisory epic, a humanist look put on "the man confronted with his lost humanity". Echoing with the existential issues of our time, Raphaël speaks to us about him, about us, through his characters, that he stripps, all through the course of his series. "P.K.
" The omnipresent ideal representation in his work of the world he lives in through glorified or serene landscapes and backgrounds, is constantly impeded and even in conflict with the reality of an era he considers to be ugly, aggressive, and without ideal.... "BB
"The artist "stages" his paintings like others direct a play or a movie..."BB
"Raphaël Bouyer pictures in his work a visual universe of unique esthetics, which exploits the imaginary consequences of the current imbalance between nature and culture. The artist so succeeds in creating a striking iconography, which grows to an individual and societal questioning." AT
- Art fairs
- 2014, Artoulouse art fair (Toulouse, France)
- 2014, "Remp' arts" art fair (Bayonne, France).
- 2014, "Salon d'automne de Colomiers" Art fair (Toulouse, Toulouse).
- 2015, "France / china", Art Center Nyoguan in Chengdu ( China).
- 2015, art competition Young Talents "Arbustes" (Mantes
la Jolie, France). Awarded
- 2015, "Parisartistes" ( Paris)
- 2015, "Salon d'Automne de Paris Art fair (Champs-Elysées, Paris).
- 2016, " Grand Prix Bernard Magrez for contemporary art" at the Cultural Institute Bernard Magrez ( Bordeaux, France ).
, 2016, "Summer camp", le 18bis Galerie (Paris).
- 2016, MacParis Art fair (Paris).
- 2017, group exhibition "Let it grow" Le 18bis Galerie (Paris).
-- 2017, "Premio Marchionni" Art Prize (Awarded) and group exhibition Feria Arte Mercato, Villacidro (Italy).
-- 2017, "Premio Marchionni" road show exhibition in Milano, Bologna and Urbino (Italy)
-- 2018, "The diverging ones", Galerie Marielle Bouchard (Grenoble).
Press and catalogues
-Exhibition catalogue "Image and imagination", China-France 2015 in Chengdu.
-Exhibition catalogue "Salon d'Automne de Paris" 2015
-Exhibition catalogue "ParisArtistes" 2015
-Exhibition catalogue "Summer camp", summer 2016, Galerie le 18bis (Paris).
-Exhibition catalogue "Macparis Art fair" 2016.
- "Artension" (art magazine) march/april 2017 .
- "Art dans l'air" (art magazine) march/april 2017.